Sunday, December 02, 2007

Oops! I did it again...

I've heard it on the radio. I've seen it on the TV. Now I've read about it. The return of Don Imus after his infamous racial slur. See it here: All eyes - and ears - are on shock jock Don Imus

I've never been a fan of him. I've watched his radio show on MSNBC and turned the channel within seconds. But his return does beg the question, was his apology sincere? Will he change his ways?

So often we say, "I'm sorry." Yet do we "repent"? Do we change our ways or do we simply fall back into the old sinful condition? John the Baptist, who will be visiting us soon in the lectionary, says, "Repent! The kingdom of heaven is at hand!" (Matthew 3) Let's not just be sorry for our sins, let's let the Holy Spirit work in our hearts through the Word, and change our ways.

As for Imus, time will tell...


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: