Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Call...

Well, it's happened. I've received a call to another congregation in our synod. St. Peter's Lutheran Church - Lebanon, WI has extended a call to me to be their pastor. I'm right in the middle of the deliberations.

Here's what I need to discern:

  1. Am I still needed where I am?
  2. Would it be beneficial for my present congregation if I stay?
  3. Would it be beneficial for my present congregation if I leave?
  4. Is the Lord challenging me to use my gifts in a different part of His Kingdom at this time?
  5. Is the Lord challenging me to develop another gift which I have in a different part of His Kingdom?
Tough questions! May God's will be done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for you.

Pastor Hovland said...

Follow Up: I have decided to decline the call to St. Peter's Lebanon. The people were great. The salary was right where it needed to be. I just felt that this wasn't the place God wanted me to be now.